Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two and… oh, it’ll get a lot harder after the bye-week



This is going to have to be in two parts as I broke my arm and I can't type well with one hand yet (insert one handed typing joke here). I do however know I have a responsibility to taunt Giants fans even after a win. I intend to make my bones stronger gaining sustenance by drinking your tears after week 17 while your team is golfing. so here's part one:


Am I worried that I’ll have to, at some point acknowledge I was wrong and the Giants will make the playoffs? Am I nervous that they’ll cement a playoff berth and sully my reputation for knowing more about football than you? The answer of course is not on Tom Caughlin’s bright pink face.

This week saw the Giants travel to fun-city USA, St. Louis to face the Rams. A team that would finish its first two games scoring a combined…16 points. Wait. I need to double check that. YUP! 16 points scored by a supposed professional football franchise. A team that’s success dissolved faster than Georgia Frontiere’s hay day as a Miami stripper (it’s true, look it up). At any rate a quick recap…

5 minutes into the 4th quarter the Rams were making it a game with a 45 yard TD pass torching the Giants vaunted defense. It made the score 13 to 20 and a game we had! Of course this is St. Louis after all and after the Giants scored and that’s all it takes to break a loser’s sprit. An answering TD followed by Marc “I have no” Bulger interception and it was salted away. Nice job Rams! Nice to see you used Stephen Jackson 13 times to run the ball. Great use of (potentially) the best back in the game.

Sorry guys. Check back tomorrow for the exciting conclusion…

No comments: