Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week Three… 3 – 0


Another short post as I’m two weeks from getting this cast off. October 6th is the day and there’s some PT after that, but at least I won’t have to type using 2 keyboards. Oh, and I chose that picture because that dude looks like he stores a rabid fox under his helmet. I swear if I were an O lineman I'd have pants made out of that by halftime after ripping some out on every play.

To this point in the season the Bungles are the 30th ranked offensive team, the 24th ranked in team defense and still the undisputed leaders in players serving some measure of legal sentence. And when they met in New York this weekend, they gave the Giants all the trouble they could handle. Eli and the gals showed some real gumption this week scoring a late touchdown only to have the hapless Bung squad kick a game tying field goal. As always the coin toss is the only real drama in NFL overtime and the Giants won, thus won the game. And don’t give me some crap about “all the Bengals had to do was stop them!” It won’t wash. *Since the kickoff was moved back to the 30 yard line nearly 1/3 of overtime games have been won on the first possession by the team that received the ball first. But regardless of my blather, the Giants are 3-0 and it’s not looking good for me… yet.

From this point out the Giants go 5-8 and miss the playoffs. This is the bye-week for the Sisters of the Accidental Title, so let’s get back at it in a couple of weeks. That’ll give my arm a bit of healing. Oh, and just to make sure it’s out there, Patriot Nation is in serious distress this week after the Fins ripped us up one side and down the other. It was ugly in its highest form.

Source: Ivars Peterson‘s Math "Trek, Football's Overtime Bias"

1 comment:

undergroundbastard said...

What do you mean "at least" you "won't have to use two keyboards"? "Tis surely an honor to be such esteemed company!